Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Presto Automation Inc. (NASDAQ: PRST) is a public company in voice recognition AI technology. It focuses on applying that and other technology in the restaurant drive-through setting, focused on well-known customers such as Del Taco, Checkers, Arby’s and in the sit-down setting such as Red Lobsters, Applebee’s, and Chili’s. The company foresaw the rise of AI and the value of data analytics in our rapidly advancing technological society and has benefited from early mover advantage. It was one of the relatively few technology companies able to successfully become public in 2022. Founded out of MIT in 2008, the company has grown out of its formerly scrappy roots and is now focused on expanding into all household restaurant chains, on the thousands of locations level.
Company product divisions include:
● Voice: Voice recognition AI that simulates conversational speech and takes food orders from consumers at the drive-through line, used by corporate customers’ staff to handle high volume traffic, improve order accuracy, order speed, with data analytics beneficial to the enterprise customer.
● Vision: Physical cameras equipped with computer vision that allow corporate customers to measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, facilitate the order experience for repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, tabletop hardware to make it easier for the corporate customer’s staff to handle orders and service restaurant guests via various solution types, such as pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
E La Carte, Inc E La Carte, Inc. d.b.a. Presto in San Carlos, CA is seeking Sr.
Machine Learning Engineer to design, engineer, test, deploy and maintain machine
intelligence platforms and applications for real-world production use at scale.
- Improve the accuracy, runtime, scalability and reliability of machine intelligence algorithms and software.
- Write and maintain robust technical documentation for new and existing intelligence platforms that results in quick transfer of information.
- Develop and implement machine intelligence platform APIs for multiple use-cases.
- Drive architecture of platform and application capabilities embedding machine intelligence.
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists and data scientists to develop prototyped solutions and translate leading-edge ideas into production-ready systems.
- Mentor junior members of the team to achieve greater impact through others.
- Communicate cross-team dependencies required for successful development and deployment.
- Keep up to date with current state-of-the-art machine learning approaches and advocate for directional change when applicable to improve the product.
- This position has no direct reports and does not supervise any other personnel.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least three (3) years of experience in any related position(s).
- In lieu of the above-stated primary education and experience requirements, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related IT or Engineering field of study plus at least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in any related position(s).
- Job Site: 985 Industrial Road, Suite 205 San Carlos, CA 94070
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency and knowledge with the following:
1. Signal processing, machine learning, deep learning, and speech technologies including at least one of the following: Keyword Spotting, Speech Recognition or Speaker Identification.
2. Programming languages including Java, C, C++ and Python.
3. Machine learning packages including Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pandas and Numpy.
No travel; no telecommunicating.
Presto (NASDAQ: PRST) has a compensation strategy that aims to reward high performers and retain them for the long term. Other benefits to U.S.-based employees include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program, and paid-time-off (PTO). To learn more, please visit: www.presto.com.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more open positions at Presto
Something looks off?