Vice President of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Quartzy is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to help spearhead the growth of our marketing organization and programs. To date, we have experienced strong organic growth fueled by word-of-mouth recommendations from customer evangelists. Having achieved product-market fit and strong consistent year-on-year growth, we are now poised to test and spend across other marketing channels to grow our customer base nationally. We are looking for an exceptional VP of Marketing to take charge, determine our long-term marketing strategy, and build and lead the marketing team to success.
You should be an experienced, energetic leader with deep knowledge of life sciences marketing. Your primary focus will be demand gen and top of funnel growth. As the marketing leader you will also be responsible for defining and positioning our brand, setting the team’s vision, and successfully managing all marketing initiatives that you will define. Success in this role requires decisiveness, strong curiosity about our customers, an appetite for data, and experience piloting small and large marketing initiatives. You will report to the CEO and serve on the leadership team.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from companies working on COVID testing and therapies, to wine makers, to food and ag companies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Strategize: Develop long-term marketing strategies around existing and new market segments
- Connect: Understand our market and customers, their unique needs and how to influence them
- Plan: Devise monthly, quarterly, and annual marketing targets based on company goals, and drive initiatives to hit those targets
- Lead: Manage a strong team of marketers. Collaborate: Work with the sales, product, and marketplace teams to ensure universal on-brand messaging
- Budget: Develop and manage the marketing budget, allocating resources to initiatives that move the needle
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years’ of marketing leadership experience
- Life-Sciences experience marketing to academic & non-academic scientific labs
- 3+ years’ building and leading a world-class marketing teams
- Experience building field marketing teams
- Experience scaling a company from $100m to $300m +
- B2B SaaS experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills
What We Offer
- Great Culture - We are a company that enjoys working together solving problems that matter!
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor! Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you. We’d love to hear from you if so.
See more open positions at Quartzy
Something looks off?