Software Engineer, Data
At Ribbon, we’re building the infrastructure to power billions of healthcare decisions. We work with companies across the entire healthcare ecosystem, partnering with innovators to make care accessible, affordable, and high quality. By transforming the healthcare decision-making process, we can influence a person’s outcomes for the better.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can architect efficient and scalable systems, set data engineering standards for the engineering organization, and enjoys rolling up their sleeves and coding. Our data pipelines today consist of hundreds of datasets from unique sources and continue to grow every day. These pipelines power our machine learning models and API, which powers production workflows that affect real patients. We’re excited to bring on experienced developer to build scalable systems that can support the next phase of our growth.
Together, we can create a healthier future where people receive exceptional care!
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to make navigating healthcare simple by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be accessible, affordable and high quality.
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company.
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams.
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to make navigating healthcare simple.
What we’re looking for in this role
- You have a strong background in Computer Science or other equivalent field.
- You’re an entrepreneur, a self starter, and want to help us build and scale applications and data pipelines.
- You love solving ambiguous problems and want to understand how to help us aggregate healthcare data from across the web.
- You have a passion for data and want to help us untangle and discover truth in an industry rife with fragmented data.
- You have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job.
- You’re very comfortable with SQL and relational databases; Python experience would be a big plus, but not required.
- Develop and manage data scrapers: You will develop new data scrapers that consume data from 100’s of sources across healthcare
- Scale our data ingestion framework: You will help design and improve upon our current system of record for ingesting data from hundreds of different sources.
- Build light-weight automation: You will develop systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure
- Streamline our internal data operations: You will build tools to empower internal stakeholders to manage data across our pipelines and allow our internal teams to quickly distribute data to our clients.
We seek to make Ribbon the best career decision anyone’s ever made. Part of fulfilling this vision is a compelling total compensation package. The base salary range for this role is between $110,000-$120,000. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Ribbon also offers a competitive equity package, health insurance, parental leave, 401K matching, and other great benefits.
We take care of you
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by this goal by offering a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Fully sponsored medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with matching
- Parental leave and family planning
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Hybrid work environment
- Sponsored membership to One Medical
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter support and CitiBike membership
- Employee assistance program
- Optional long-term disability insurance
- Fully covered short-term disability insurance & optional long term disability insurance
- Work from home stipend
- Inclusive environment passionate about supporting each other as teammates
A successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless Ribbon Health grants an exemption based on medical condition and/or disability, sincerely held religious belief, or as otherwise required under applicable law.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Ribbon, we’re committed to building a diverse inclusive and authentic workplace with a tangible sense of belonging for all our people.
So if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this or another role.