Senior Software Engineer
At Ribbon, we’re building the infrastructure to power billions of healthcare decisions. We work with companies across the entire healthcare ecosystem, partnering with innovators to make care accessible, affordable, and high quality. By transforming the healthcare decision-making process, we can influence a person’s outcomes for the better.
As we continue to grow and scale our engineering organization, Ribbon is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join us and work on cross functional initiatives across our engineering team. We are looking for someone to help build and push high impact initiatives over the finish line across our data collectors, data pipelines and APIs. We’re excited to bring on a talented backend engineer to build scalable systems that can support our next phase of growth!
Together, we can create a healthier future where people receive exceptional care!
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to make navigating healthcare simple by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be accessible, affordable and high quality.
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company.
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams.
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to make navigating healthcare simple.
What we’re looking for in this role
- You have experience working cross functionally, across multiple engineering teams to drive company wide initiatives.
- You have experience building proven highly scalable systems.
- You are very comfortable working with data. Python experience is a bonus!
- You are able to break down ambiguous challenges and communicate thoughtful solutions to a highly technical engineering team.
- You enjoy working in, and strive to implement mechanisms to drive high velocity, highly functioning engineering teams.
- You care deeply about implementing best practices to establish trust and reliability within our technical stack, because you understand the weight and responsibility of being the data infrastructure for our customers.
- You are comfortable with designing and scaling backend systems that manage data within a core data platform.
- You are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and working on hard, ambiguous problems.
- Work on high impact projects across the organization such as:
- Scale our data extraction infrastructure and build-out our next generation of data pipelines
- Automate repetitive tasks that will allow us to focus on what matters most.
- Build out end to end validation frameworks across our pipelines.
- Scale our indexing solution to make sure we are keeping up with current and future commitments.
- Build out and scale our data warehousing solution to continue to drive our data decision making capabilities.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, to build the foundation of our next generation of leaders.
- Collaborate cross functionally with product, customer and go-to-market teams on high impact initiatives.
- Drive communication loops within engineering such as technical specs, code reviews, technical grooming sessions.
- Be an active participant in our agile processes, participate in taking on stories/tasks/bugs when necessary.
We seek to make Ribbon the best career decision anyone’s ever made. Part of fulfilling this vision is a compelling total compensation package. The base salary range for this role is between $160,000-195,000. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Ribbon also offers a competitive equity package, health insurance, parental leave, 401K matching, and other great benefits.
We take care of you
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by this goal by offering a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Fully sponsored medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with matching
- Parental leave and family planning
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Hybrid work environment
- Sponsored membership to One Medical
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter support and CitiBike membership
- Employee assistance program
- Optional long-term disability insurance
- Fully covered short-term disability insurance & optional long term disability insurance
- Work from home stipend
- Inclusive environment passionate about supporting each other as teammates
A successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless Ribbon Health grants an exemption based on medical condition and/or disability, sincerely held religious belief, or as otherwise required under applicable law.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Ribbon, we’re committed to building a diverse inclusive and authentic workplace with a tangible sense of belonging for all our people.
So if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this or another role.