Solutions Engineering Director
At Ribbon, we’re building the infrastructure to power billions of healthcare decisions. We work with companies across the entire healthcare ecosystem, partnering with innovators to make care accessible, affordable, and high quality. By transforming the healthcare decision-making process, we can influence a person’s outcomes for the better.
We are looking for an exceptional Solutions Engineering Director who will work directly with Ribbon’s largest and most strategic customers to make sure our products are powering better healthcare decisions in the real world. As a Solutions Engineering Director, you’re trusted to own and drive the largest and most technically complex customer implementations, and you won’t hesitate to jump in to tackle the most difficult and ambiguous problem directly if needed. You will be critical to both the present implementation and the future design of Ribbon’s product.
Together, we can create a healthier future where people receive exceptional care!
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to make navigating healthcare simple by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be accessible, affordable and high quality.
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company.
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams.
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to make navigating healthcare simple.
What we’re looking for in this role
- Leader and Mentor: You care deeply about the people you work with and have demonstrated the ability to bring out the best in others and set them up for success.
- Data & Technical Product Experience: You have experience working with data at scale (SQL, Python) and understand how APIs work.
- Creative Problem Solving: You can develop and build creative solutions to a wide variety of business, product, and technical challenges. You can learn new subject matter and get to the bottom of an open ended technical problem quickly.
- Ownership Mentality: You care deeply about making sure products work in the real world and result in better healthcare decisions for patients. When you see a problem, you solve it or make sure someone else does by stepping in to help your team and offering creative solutions outside of the scope of your responsibilities.
- Excellent Communicator: You can explain complex technical concepts with clarity and simplicity, to an engineer and an executive.
- Mentor / Coach: You will be a culture builder that brings out the best in team mates and help them adopt best practices while maintaining our start-up velocity and our laser focus on customers.
- Hiring & Onboarding: You will contribute to hiring and growing this team and setting up new hires for success when they join.
- Unblock our customers: You will analyze and resolve technical problems and roadblocks for customers, through a deep understanding of Ribbon products and creative solutions to product constraints
- Develop new products on the frontlines: You will identify customer pain points and product gaps, and collaborate with product and engineering teams to develop new products and product features. You are an investigative journalist who can see a problem, build and test prototypes quickly, and work with the rest of the engineering and product team to build for scale.
- Enable our go-to-market team: You will help Ribbon grow its revenue and impact by supporting sales and marketing efforts.
- Improve operations: You will identify opportunities to optimize repeated workflows and create scalable systems and tools for addressing customer needs
We seek to make Ribbon the best career decision anyone’s ever made. Part of fulfilling this vision is a compelling total compensation package. The base salary range for this role is between $195K-$220K. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Ribbon also offers a competitive equity package, health insurance, parental leave, 401K matching, and other great benefits.
We take care of you
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by this goal by offering a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Fully sponsored medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with matching
- Parental leave and family planning
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Hybrid work environment
- Sponsored membership to One Medical
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter support and CitiBike membership
- Employee assistance program
- Optional long-term disability insurance
- Fully covered short-term disability insurance & optional long term disability insurance
- Work from home stipend
- Inclusive environment passionate about supporting each other as teammates
A successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless Ribbon Health grants an exemption based on medical condition and/or disability, sincerely held religious belief, or as otherwise required under applicable law.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Ribbon, we’re committed to building a diverse inclusive and authentic workplace with a tangible sense of belonging for all our people.
So if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this or another role.