Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
🚀 A little about Rupa: The future is personalized, root-cause healthcare.
Rupa makes lab testing simple. We turn an archaic 15 hour-a-week process into a delightful 15 min task for doctors, nurses, and even acupuncturists who order order lab testing for their patients.
Lab testing is the key to a more personalized and holistic approach to medicine, and Rupa is paving the way with critical infrastructure for this next generation of healthcare. Through Rupa, practitioners can order testing not available through the average hospital, such as DNA testing, microbiome testing, advanced fertility and hormone testing, and more.
This comprehensive and personalized approach to healthcare is the missing piece for the millions of people suffering from complex, chronic health conditions. Rather than band-aid solutions, our providers strive to understand, diagnose, and treat the root cause of people’s health issues. At Rupa, we are building the infrastructure to make this root-cause approach the standard of care for every person on the planet. 🌎
Starting with lab testing, Rupa is bringing tools and resources to trailblazing practitioners who are practicing medicine in a way that truly helps people get well.
🤩 The Role: The Impact you’ll have at Rupa Health
We’re looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join our Data + Analytics team to improve and scale our data infrastructure and pipelines, contribute to data modeling efforts, and help implement the right level of data governance. In this role, you’ll supercharge Rupa by ensuring that we have a solid data infrastructure that sustains all our Analytics and Business Intelligence efforts and sets us up to scale our AI/ML efforts. You’re a great fit for this role if you have a passion for data and software engineering, strong knowledge of the modern data stack and a hunger to own big parts of data engineering at a fast paced, high growth startup.
How you’ll have that impact
- Build and create new systems to quantify, monitor and improve data availability, quality and stability.
- Develop and manage scalable data pipelines, and build out new integrations with internal and external data sources that will enable the -organization with new insights that drive growth, product and efficiency in the organization.
- Design and build data models as part of our analytics-ready data warehouse in order to give our analytics team the necessary data they need to drive insights for the business.
- Find opportunities to improve our instrumentation and observability through performing root cause analysis on data logging and ingestion processes.
- Contribute to the technical vision and long-term strategy of the team including helping us craft the infrastructure necessary to power our future AI/ML efforts.
👋 Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years of data engineering experience building & managing data pipelines.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and good command of Python.
- Experience designing schemas and data modeling.
- Fluency with workflow management tools, like Airflow or dbt.
- Experience with data governance and data quality.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You’re action-oriented and will jump in to deliver results instead of waiting for the a full process to be implemented.
- You’re not a ticket taker and you don’t wait to take orders, you think strategically and proactively about what the company needs and you build it.
- You know how to disagree and commit.
🙏 Our Supporters: We're grateful to be backed by world class investors and advisors
We’re backed by and work closely with our world class investors: Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, First Round Capital, Floodgate (Mike Maples), SV Angel (Ron Conway), Lachy Groom, Trae Vassallo (Defy), healthcare domain experts, former founders with successful exits, the product brains behind Gmail, Facebook newsfeed, Dropbox, and more.
We’re also fortunate to be advised by the best in the industry, including the Head of Health and co-founder of IDEO, the co-founder of Honor HomeCare, domain experts with backgrounds from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Johns Hopkins, and more.
We’ve been growing like crazy over the past year, with exponential month-over-month growth. But a company is only as good as its people, and so we’re looking for an amazing data engineer who can join us on this fast-paced journey.
💙 Our Rupa Team: The best part of this whole journey!
You’ll be joining our all-star core team who have 10+ years experience in the space, have won awards for their biotech research, worked hands on with chronically ill patients, built multiple multi-billion-dollar companies, and much more. The core team comes from Stanford, Wharton, Y Combinator, Parsley Health, Lululemon, Everlywell, Square, Forward, and more. We each have very personal reasons for wanting to transform this space. We’ve experienced firsthand the impact personalized medicine can have and are committed to this cause.
Beyond our collective excitement for the space, we’re a super close team who values personal development, being active, growth mindsets, a great sense of humor, and a healthy balance of optimism and realism. Culture is super important to us - we're a close-knit team who are looking for a smart, energetic, hardworking and driven person to join us! We work hard, care about each other, and have a ton of fun. 🙌
If this sounds like you, we’re stoked to meet you!
📢 Quick Note
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Rupa Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Rupa Health will always communicate with you by email from the rupahealth.com domain and will not reach out to you over Signal or other messaging apps. We will never ask you to share bank account information, cash a check from us, or purchase software or equipment as part of your interview or hiring process. If you have any reason to believe you may be the target of a scam, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm if you’re engaging with one of our Rupa teammates!