Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
🚀 A little about Rupa - The future is personalized, root-cause healthcare.
Rupa makes lab testing simple. We turn an archaic 15 hour-a-week process into a delightful 15 min task for practitioners ordering lab testing for their patients.
Lab testing is the key to a more personalized and holistic approach to medicine, and Rupa is paving the way with critical infrastructure for this next generation of healthcare. Through Rupa, practitioners can order specialty testing, such as DNA testing, microbiome testing, advanced fertility and hormone testing, blood labs, and more.
This comprehensive and personalized approach to healthcare is the missing piece for the millions of people suffering from complex, chronic health conditions. Rather than band-aid solutions, practitioners utilize our platform to understand, diagnose, and treat the root cause of people’s health issues through testing. At Rupa, we are building the infrastructure to make this root-cause approach the standard of care for every person on the planet. 🌎
Starting with lab testing, Rupa is bringing tools and resources to trailblazing practitioners who are practicing medicine in a way that truly helps people get well.
💙 Our Rupa Team - The best part of this whole journey!
You’ll be joining our all-star team who have 10+ years experience in the space, have won awards for their biotech research, worked hands on with chronically ill patients, built multiple multi-billion-dollar companies, and much more. The team comes from Stanford, Wharton, Y Combinator, Parsley Health, Lululemon, Everlywell, Equinox, One Medical, and more. We each have very personal reasons for wanting to transform this space. We’ve experienced firsthand the impact personalized medicine can have and are committed to this cause.
Beyond our collective excitement for the space, we’re a super close team who values personal development, being active, growth mindsets, a great sense of humor, and a healthy balance of optimism and realism. We work hard, care about each other, and have a ton of fun. 🙌
If this sounds like you, we’re stoked to meet you! P.S. you can see more about our CEO & founder here!
👀 A “day in the life” includes:
You’re an all-star Magazine Lead passionate about producing world class content, building the #1 most trusted brand within Root Cause Medicine, and driving business impact. Every day, you strive to build and manage a trusted, quality driven medical publication organization by demonstrating excellent writing and editing skills, good judgment, strong business acumen, design thinking while being a great person to work with.
As the Rupa Magazine Lead in charge of managing and scaling Rupa’s Magazine, you’ll:
- Develop and iterate on content and publication strategies that will scale the volume of high quality articles per month, optimize brand equity, improve SEO ranking and increase revenue.
- Own the brand & messaging of the magazine, helping us to build the #1 source of trusted scientific information about Root Cause Medicine.
- Bring in new contributors and get them excited to write for us - vet potential contributors for scientific rigor & strong writing skills, onboard them onto our magazine.
- Drive the day-to-day operations of content production including generating article ideas, motivating the editors and writers to create the content of highest quality, and processing personnel actions including payments and appraisals.
- Create aligned expectations and guidelines on article quality + scientific standards that can hold up in presence of top experts or medical professionals.
- Be a thought leader in utilizing AI for the Magazine in terms of article production, cost savings and process optimization.
- Partner with Rupa’s leadership team to create, prioritize and execute on initiatives that will boost Rupa Magazine to become the publication of the highest caliber
👋 Does this sound like you?! ⬇️
[Editorial Experience] Able to edit high volume articles a month to be scientifically accurate, grammar free, and reads extremely well
[Management] Able to work with a team of 10-25+ writers and editors, able to vet potential contributors for scientific rigor & strong writing skills, onboard them onto our magazine, and motivate them to submit high quality contents
[Education] Have Bachelors or Masters degree in Journalism
[Design Thinking] Able to take a first principles approach to understanding problems and developing creative solutions to new challenges
Bonus Points: Knowledge in medical or health care industry + social clout
📢 Quick Note
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Rupa Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Rupa Health will always communicate with you by email from the rupahealth.com domain and will not reach out to you over Signal or other messaging apps. We will never ask you to share bank account information, cash a check from us, or purchase software or equipment as part of your interview or hiring process. If you have any reason to believe you may be the target of a scam, please contact us at email@example.com and we will confirm if you’re engaging with one of our Rupa teammates!