Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school and helping tens of thousands of users manage their time and stay better connected with friends. The majority of our users are active daily. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, and other top venture investors. Come join us if you want to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team!
To learn more about Saturn’s products on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working on a cross-functional team, utilizing your extensive knowledge and experience in building complex applications.
- Collaborating with Product Managers and Designers from the beginning of projects to create user-friendly experiences.
- Communicating and managing relationships with client engineers on iOS and Web to ensure seamless integration.
- Promoting a disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation, and code structure in a team setting.
- Leading the development and ownership of large user-facing features/epics, from design to implementation and launch.
- Guiding the app architecture to align with industry best practices and engineering excellence.
- Playing a crucial role in elevating the team's technical skills and efficiency.
- Being hands-on, writing automated tests, and providing thorough feedback in code reviews - no task is too small.
You Should Have:
- 5+ years of relevant backend development experience
- A strong understanding of best practices for modern web apps, APIs, and microservices
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to mentor team-mates
- Experience working with and scaling relational databases such as Postgres or experience with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB
Nice to have:
- Python web development experience is a plus (FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc)
- Experience scaling high-growth systems and diagnosing performance bottlenecks
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ElastiCache)
- Experience working with and scaling multi-container Docker in production environments
- Experience working with background jobs (Celery with Redis, etc)
- Experience working with real-time communication (websockets preferred)
This position has an estimated annual salary range of $165,000 to $210,000, not including bonus, commission, and equity. This position also comes with full benefits and stock options. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?