At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school and helping tens of thousands of users manage their time and stay better connected with friends. The majority of our users are active daily. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, and other top venture investors. If you’re looking to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team, come join us!
To learn more about Saturn’s products on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with engineers and product managers across Saturn’s ecosystem
- Work cross-collaboratively with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design.
- Partner with product managers to ensure successful customer outcomes
- Day-to-day management and leadership of engineers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management
- Work with tech leads to develop technical roadmaps and manage code quality.
- Drive quality testing, operational practices, and playbooks for owned scope areas while also contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements
- Be a leader in the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding process
- Build and maintain an understanding of high-level technical aspects of systems internal and external to the team
- Make sound decisions around resourcing, and make the rationale clear to partners and team members.
- Develop insights into issues slowing down the team and use it to develop processes that enable the team to deliver its goals.
- Understand the entirety of the stack, and be willing and able to dive in on implementation as the team grows
- Define the long-term technical roadmap for the team.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience leading medium-sized teams (5+ engineers)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and get excited about working collaboratively to figure out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- Code does not scare you, you are still an engineer even if you don't do it all the time.
- Interest in helping to shape the mission and roadmap of a young team, and rallying others to join you
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Recent experience at a startup.
- Experience managing a distributed team.
- In-depth experience using Agile, Scrum and iterative development practice
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy
- You keep up with the industry trends and can assess new technologies that can help us better solve problems.
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.