College Research Ambassador
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school helping millions of young people all over the United States manage their time and stay better connected with friends and their communities. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, and other top venture investors. Come join us to drive major impact on an energetic and ambitious team!
The Product Design team is an influential team that steers the future UX of the Saturn application. Our Designers work closely with our founders, leaders, and cross-functional Product partners (Product Management, Growth and Engineering) to create a comprehensive roadmap that delights our community.
To learn more about Saturn, visit joinsaturn.com.
We’re looking for college students to join our College Product Research Group. This is a new program for 50 college students across the country who will work closely with our product, design, and growth teams to help drive Saturn’s expansion to college. We are committed to building a diverse research group to ensure all college experiences are represented so students from all schools and grades are encouraged to apply.
Saturn is the first calendar built directly for young people. We make it super easy to manage the things that you have to do like your classes and homework so that you can spend your time doing the things that you want to do like hanging with friends, clubs, and sports teams. Saturn is used by over 1M high schoolers across the country and we’re excited to expand to college next year. Your work will directly impact how young people plan their days and interact with their friends and community!
In this role, you’ll help drive both our Product and Growth strategy. You’ll participate in and distribute surveys, give feedback on prototypes, and beta-test early versions of the product. You should be creative, extroverted (you’ll be expected to get feedback from your community), and share direct, candid feedback. Fostering campus community is core to our product, so we are looking for students who are involved in clubs, sports, or other social organizations.
At Saturn, we are serious about our work but go about it casually. You should expect to commit an hour to this program each week, though there are no set hours. Every week, you’ll be assigned a “mission” that can be completed on your own time. Periodically, we’ll ask you to meet with our design team either 1-1 or with a group of other college students. This is also an opportunity to join a diverse community of creative, ambitious college students across the country. You’ll also gain exposure to how products are developed end-to-end from initial research to iteration to launch.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in user and market research surveys to help prioritize the problems that Saturn can help address
- Gather feedback from your campus to ensure they are well-represented in our product
- Organize research from your community into actionable insights for our team
- Test early versions of our products and provide constructive feedback
- Brainstorm with our designers and other college students to come up with features that provide both utility and delight
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Involved in extracurriculars (on a sports team, in a club, in Greek life, has a job on or off-campus)
- Confidence in sharing honest opinions
- A creative mindset
- Self-starter who can manage their own work consistently and autonomously
- Interest and willingness to collaborate with students across other schools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Active and involved College student in a traditional 4-year college
- A strong interest in product development exposure and consumer apps — you’re the type of person who’s the first to download the latest apps
This role reports to our user researcher and sits within our Product team.