Immigration Case Assistant and Data Specialist (Monterrey, MX)
American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
Seso's mission is all about helping everyone thrive. Not only are we helping our farms get the labor that they need to survive and thrive in the modern world, but also helping farmworkers come here legally with H-2A Visas and support their families with dignity.
We are seeking an Immigration Case Assistant and Data Specialist to support our VisaOps Team and In-House Counsel with administrative matters including document organization, vendor management, scheduling, calendar management, email management, government inquiries, data entry, and other ad hoc projects. Specifically, this role will provide support on immigration issues to internal and external immigration stakeholders across all business areas by applying immigration knowledge to ensure internal and regulatory compliance, support end to end processes, provide coverage and knowledge on immigration issues, deliver analysis and recommendations based on data, and communicate with key business stakeholders. The Immigration Case Assistant/Data Specialist will also be responsible for gathering, tracking, and providing client-related documents for immigration processes in alignment with Seso’s mission, deployment strategy, and regulatory guidelines.
- Case Assistant:
- Support internal and external immigration regulatory and compliance processes, policies, and protocols that include H-2A, H-2B, TN programs and projects (such as Requests for Additional Evidence and initial filing evidentiary support)
- Gather, track, and provide client-related documents for immigration processes in alignment with Seso’s mission, deployment strategy, and regulatory guidelines
- Interface with leaders to obtain client-related documents, developing working relationships with stakeholders as appropriate
- Proofread legal documents for accuracy and completeness
- Provide administrative support to attorneys, including scheduling calls and managing calendars
- Conduct phone calls and submit case inquiries to government agencies on behalf of Case Managers
- Data Specialist:
- Perform data entry tasks to update and manage case information
- Utilize document management systems to store and retrieve files
- Apply immigration knowledge to ensure internal and regulatory compliance, support end to end processes, provide coverage and knowledge on immigration issues, deliver analysis and recommendations based on data, and communicate with key business stakeholders
- Ensure that immigration data is maintained with a high degree of timeliness and accuracy, conduct periodic audits and reviews, and work on periodic reporting
- Leverage and advance technology enabled solutions through collaboration with internal teams
- Maintain high level of proficiency in relevant Seso technology resources, including system database; escalate and collaborate with necessary parties to resolve technical and data issues
- Provide cross-functional and collaborative support across other VisaOps work streams and projects
- Provide input and creatively strategize with team members and immigration vendors to continually refine document retention systems and other technologies
- Experience using electronic case management software, such as FLAG and Clio.
- Ruthlessly organized with the ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task, and execute with tight, strict deadlines.
- Ability to independently navigate complex and emotional situations in a professional manner.
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and passionate about improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers.
- You are a team player with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Working proficiency in Spanish is ideal but not required.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.