Staff Machine Learning Engineer
SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Team:
At Smartasset you will join a team of data scientists, analysts and ML engineers that are at the forefront of AI/ML application for the company. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with leaders from different teams (Marketing, Product, Sales, and Technology), and with our growing Data team.
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced Staff ML Engineer to join our team and develop high-performance, scalable and reliable machine learning and business logic as a service via REST APIs. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the API service and supporting the algorithm logic, ensuring that they can handle thousands of users per second.
If you are passionate about building high-performance, scalable and reliable algorithms as a service and have a track record of delivering solutions in AWS, we would love to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement a high-performance, scalable and reliable API service using Python and AWS technologies to build algorithm-as-a-service.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to understand requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Ensure the API service integrates seamlessly with the machine learning models and other systems.
- Ensure the API service and the machine learning models are easily iterable, secure, efficient and well monitored.
- Monitor API performance and make improvements to ensure sub-second response times.
- Participate in code reviews and provide guidance to junior developers.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- Strong experience in developing, deploying and maintaining REST APIs
- Expertise with performance enhancements and fine tuning algorithm implementations to be latency sensitive
- Experience with scalability and security.
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, API Gateway, and SageMaker
- Experience with DevOps toolsets such as Terraform, Prometheus, etc. will be a big plus
- Strong expertise with OLTP/relational databases such as Aurora, Postgres, MySQL etc
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining large-scale, production-grade applications
- Experience in writing clean, maintainable, and testable code following best practices and industry standards
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with Recommendation systems
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $132K - 230K + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.
Something looks off?