SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Team:
You’ll be working as part of a small but critical team helping establish our media presence and supporting our SEO efforts. The Public Relations team at SmartAsset helps develop and publicize more than 130 data studies each year, while also supporting SmartAsset’s brand and reputation management efforts.
About the Job:
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams, including Editorial, Product and Marketing to help produce unique, data-driven studies that focus on consumer-related personal finance and wealth management topics.
- Identify relevant media contacts for outreach and establish ongoing relationships.
- Coordinate on proactive and reactive media relations activities.
- Develop compelling pitch copy and secure media coverage, from both national and local publications.
- Coordinate and staff interviews with reporters, as well as prepare and brief spokesperson(s).
- Follow the news cycle and secure media opportunities for relevant SmartAsset spokespersons.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 4+ years of public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house.
- Experience conducting ongoing media outreach (targeted and mass), including business, tech and consumer media.
- Strong writing skills, creating newsworthy pitch copy that ties into current events. A well-developed sense of narrative and an eye for news hooks that appeal to key reporters.
- Strong project management skills. The ability to manage multiple initiatives with different and evolving deadlines.
- Proficient in Google Suite (GMail, Docs, Sheets) and Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word).
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Journalism/newsroom experience
- Experience in personal finance and/or wealth management media relations
- Social media and basic SEO knowledge
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $76,500 - 152K + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States