SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
About the Team:
SmartAsset’s Editorial Team is an agile group of writers, editors and data journalists with a shared goal of demystifying complex personal finance topics and empowering readers to make better financial decisions. We do this through comprehensive explainer articles, financial news coverage, newsletters, data-driven studies and columns addressing common financial questions and problems.
About the Job:
SmartAsset is looking for someone with strong writing and editing skills to join our team and help create high-quality personal finance content. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing skills; has a working knowledge of and passion for personal finance; has produced content for a digital audience with a focus on SEO; and has the ability to use data and other information to make sound editorial decisions and build comprehensive and helpful articles.
- Writing and editing informative articles on a wide range of personal finance topics
- Pitching, writing and editing news content on a fast turnaround
- Contributing to our newsletter content campaign
- Editing new and existing articles for both accuracy and SEO best practices
- Managing various update projects
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 2+ years working in digital writing and editing, preferably covering retirement, financial planning, investing or the financial advisor industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Media, Communications, English, Economics or Finance
- Outstanding writing, editing and research skills
- Strong understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Strong communication and collaboration skills within a fast-paced environment
- An eye for identifying and delivering valuable and actionable information to readers
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Capable of conceiving, executing and managing projects with minimal oversight
- Experience writing in multiple content styles and formats, including using data, methodologies and other facts and figures
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $41,400 - 84K + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmartAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States