San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
In this role you will work cross functionally with engineering, design, science, and others to help design the future of app development in the no-code space. Your work will help ensure that building apps is a joy for beginners and experts alike, allowing them to translate their ideas into apps as simply as possible. You will set a product vision that achieves changes over the course of multiple impactful milestones.
What you'll do
As a product manager at Thunkable, you will be defining how users with differing needs and experiences design and develop mobile and web apps. In many cases, this will be the user’s first encounter with app development. In this role, you will:
- Prioritize feature development based on a combination of user needs, business goals, resource availability, and data;
- Work across the Thunkable platform, which may include the app builder, third-party integrations, and services & offerings outside of the builder;
- Make our platform approachable to novices while still allowing advanced users to create complex designs and interactions;
- Build for the present while being mindful when to accommodate for future needs;
- Uncover latent user needs by asking the right questions and collaborating cross-functionally with others in design, data, engineering, marketing; and
- Help define products that support the user’s app development goals outside of just the app itself.
What you'll need
- Experience. 2+ years experience in product management with a solid track record. We especially value those with experience in one or more of the following:
- Applying UX Research practices.
- Building prototyping or design tools
- Building application development tools.
- Building for desktop web (but understanding implications for mobile)
- Eye for design. Ability to work closely with design to intuit users’ needs and an ability to anticipate how they could react to new features.
- Humble decisiveness. Ability to form strong, principled opinions on the product while incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- Teamwork. A collaborative spirit and strong communication skills to work with other PMs, designers, engineers, and data, as well as with less adjacent teams, such as marketing. Our small team moves exceedingly quickly, so you will need to communicate often to get feedback, iterate, and most importantly, work with our team to ensure that the final solutions match the current needs and limitations of our platform. As a PM, you will at times play the roles of coach, cheerleader, and coordinator.
- Continuous learning A natural curiosity about building iteratively in a new, evolving space with many kinds of users. Our product covers a wide range of technologies, and while you do not need to be an expert in all of them, the ability to learn about and understand them enough to communicate with engineering, design, and others is crucial.
- Desire to succeed Eagerness to create a world-class app development platform that can be used effectively by a non-technical user. Even if you don’t meet each of these criteria, we encourage you to apply if empowering anyone to build apps excites you!
Life at Thunkable
Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their iOS and Android apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proofs-of-concept for their own digital business, and design and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps. Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT. We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, Owl Ventures, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are MIT engineers who want to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don’t code.
Joining Thunkable means joining a team of passionate, entrepreneurial and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. What will you get when joining our team?
- Get compensated: We offer competitive pay, equity and benefits to our employees based on their location. You’ll get access to unlimited PTO regardless of your location.
- Wellness and Training Budget: We value your well-being and want to invest in it.
- Work Where You Want: The company is based in San Francisco (with an office), but operates globally, with team members working across a number of cities, countries, and time zones (to facilitate async work we prioritize countries and locations in a max 2h time zone difference from those hubs: San Francisco, New York and Dublin)
- Shared values: Ownership, Integrity, Clarity, Empowerment, Communication.
- Challenge yourself by acquiring new abilities, interacting with clients, enhancing products, or learning design. We will encourage you to reach your full potential.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace helps ensure we learn from each other’s different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and is critical for building a product that supports the wide range of our users’ needs. Thunkable is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position offers a competitive salary that is based on a combination of factors including location. The salary range for this role in San Francisco is between $100,000 and $160,000 per year and will be based on qualifications and skills. If the successful candidate is located in a different location or country, the salary may vary based on the cost of living, currency and other local factors. We are open to discussing salary with candidates who are interested in the role and may be willing to negotiate based on the candidate's experience and qualifications. We are committed to paying our employees fairly and providing opportunities for professional growth and development.