IT, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Thunkable is seeking a Data Analyst to join our Data and Analytics team to help us make data-driven decisions in all areas of business. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to make sense of the data, establish facts and help us understand the market, the business, the customers and our product. You’ll have the opportunity to explore and expand Thunkable’s analytics potential.
What You'll Do
- You will formulate and run queries against our data infrastructure (which primarily runs on Amplitude at the moment and can be SQL and noSQL database).
- You will conduct data exploration, data mining, modeling and ad-hoc analyses (such as funnels, cohort analyses, and user segmentation) to uncover actionable insights and to ensure we are being statistically rigorous.
- You will drive analytics projects from end to end by translating a business question into an analytical framework, generating insights through analysis and effectively communicating recommended actions.
- You will help set the data strategy for Thunkable by working with engineers on ensuring that we capture the right data.
- You will develop and monitor key metrics including setting up automated dashboards.
- You will lead data initiatives and experimentation including defining and implementing the measurement approach (eg. trade-offs between speed and precision), and evaluating success.
What you need to succeed
- BS degree or above in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of work experience in data science, data analytics or other quantitative roles, with a track record of successfully delivering data analytics projects.
- Experience with handling real-time and historical data from the ground up, including data cleaning, data processing, analyzing, modeling, insights delivery and execution strategy.
- Experience with product analytics and funnel analysis.
- Experience in data queries and statistical programming tools (SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- You work independently and have a strong follow-through.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- You are a good communicator and can explain complex analyses using visualization and storytelling to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have strong critical reasoning skills.
- You can understand key drivers to our business and how our products work and tie those together in analyses.
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a start-up environment and can prioritize juggling multiple projects.
Plus to have
- Experience with product analytics and digital optimization tools (Amplitude, Google Analytics, etc.)
Life at Thunkable
Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their iOS and Android apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proofs-of-concept for their own digital business, and design and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps. Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT.
We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, Owl Ventures, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are MIT engineers who want to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don’t code.
Joining Thunkable means joining a team of passionate, entrepreneurial and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals.
What will you get when joining our team?
- Get compensated: We offer competitive pay, equity and benefits to our employees based on their location. You’ll get access to unlimited PTO regardless of your location.
- Wellness and Training Budget: We value your well-being and want to invest in it.
- Shared values: Creativity, Openness, Transparency, Persistence, and Entrepreneurialism.
- Challenge yourself by acquiring new abilities, interacting with clients, enhancing products, or learning design. We will encourage you to reach your full potential.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace helps ensure we learn from each other’s different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and is critical for building a product that supports the wide range of our users’ needs. Thunkable is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position offers a competitive salary that is based on a combination of factors including location. The salary range for this role in San Francisco is between 100K and 110K per year and will be based on qualifications and skills. If the successful candidate is located in a different location or country, the salary may vary based on the cost of living, currency and other local factors. We are open to discussing salary with candidates who are interested in the role and may be willing to negotiate based on the candidate's experience and qualifications. We are committed to paying our employees fairly and providing opportunities for professional growth and development.