Part-time QA Engineer
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented QA Engineer to join our team at Thunkable. As a QA Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our web and mobile applications through a combination of manual and automated testing. This is a part-time position, offering flexible working hours, with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
For this role we are looking for someone either in the US / Europe time zone.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain test cases using Qase, our test management tool;
- Execute manual test runs for regression testing and new features;
- Report bugs and collaborate with the development team for resolution;
- Conduct functional testing to ensure application functionality aligns with requirements;
- Perform sanity checks on production after releases;
- Develop automated tests using Cypress for web applications;
- Develop automated tests using Detox for mobile applications;
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of software development and testing methodologies;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools, specifically Cypress and Detox;
- Good communication skills to report bugs and relay information to our developers;
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
Life at Thunkable
Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their iOS and Android apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proofs-of-concept for their own digital business, and design and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps. Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT.
We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, Owl Ventures, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are MIT engineers who want to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don’t code.
Joining Thunkable means joining a team of passionate, entrepreneurial and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals.
What will you get when joining our team?
- Get compensated: We offer competitive pay based on your location.
- Wellness and Training Budget: We value your well-being and want to invest in it.
- Work Where You Want: The company is based in San Francisco (with an office), but operates globally, with team members working across a number of cities, countries, and time zones (to facilitate async work we prioritize countries and locations in a max 2h time zone difference from those hubs: San Francisco, New York and Dublin)
- Shared values: Creativity, Openness, Transparency, Persistence, and Entrepreneurialism.
- Challenge yourself by acquiring new abilities, interacting with clients, enhancing products, or learning design. We will encourage you to reach your full potential.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace helps ensure we learn from each other’s different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and is critical for building a product that supports the wide range of our users’ needs. Thunkable is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Thunkable
Something looks off?