San Francisco Bay Area (Hybrid)
We’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our efforts building out the Together AI platform for large language models. This team at Together AI is responsible for building the AI libraries and frameworks that enable our users to innovate with LLMs. Because our team is growing rapidly, we need additional managerial talent to help lead the charge.
Engineering Managers at Together AI are expected to have a technical background and will have either prior experience in the domain they are managing or the talent to learn the area if needed.
Outside of Engineering-specific decision making, we set a high bar for critical thinking, communication, and sound decision making. We feel that managers who share a belief in the importance of these non-technical traits alongside the desire to build novel, best in class engineering, will excel. Because we are an early-stage startup, this role also requires hands-on engineering until we grow larger.
- 3+ years of Engineering management experience.
- A demonstrable track record of success at managing talented software engineers.
- Ability to align business strategy with research ideas and lead the team to successfully execute and deliver on those ideas.
- Understanding of AI, Machine Learning, Data Infrastructure systems, and microservice architecture built on public cloud platforms.
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining platforms built on microservice architecture for large scale SaaS platforms. Focus on memory, cpu, and networking performance.
- Strong knowledge of various package tools and methodologies for system components built with Python or Go.
- Formal software engineering background (CS degree or similar).
- Prior experience with distributed systems.
- Ability to communicate well with leadership in articulating results and complex concepts.
- Project management, scrum, and triage fundamentals.
Directly manage a talented team of Engineers:
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback.
- Give career guidance.
- Enable team to do what they love.
Recruit, interview, and hire new team members:
- Collaborate with other Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers on project schedules and resource allocations to ensure timely delivery.
- Build and manage an engineering team with an execution focus.
- Lead large, complicated projects alongside Individual Contributor and technology leads.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new features and products.
- Participate in cross-team discussions and initiatives with the goal of moving the larger group forward on our vision.
- Utilize your experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We contribute leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI. Our decentralized cloud services empower developers and researchers at organizations of all sizes to train, fine-tune, and deploy generative AI models. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance, and other benefits, as well as flexibility in terms of remote work.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.