AI Researcher, NLP and Computer Vision
San Francisco Bay Area (Hybrid)
As an AI Researcher, you will be building next generation open models, both large language models and computer vision models such as diffusion models, using the computation and software infrastructure at Together. You will be working closely with the data engineering team to unveil the recipe of building open models that push the frontier, and will be working with the algorithm and engineering team to make your model widely available to everyone. You will also interact with customers to help them in their journey of training, using, and improving their AI applications using open models. Your research skills will be vital in staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in NLP and Computer Vision, ensuring that we stay at the cutting edge of open model innovations.
- Strong background in Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision
- Experience in building state-of-the-art models at large scale
- Passion in contributing to the open model ecosystem and pushing the frontier of open models
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experiences
- Taking advantage of the computational infrastructure of Together to create the best open models in their class
- Understanding and improving the full lifecycle of building open models; release and publish your insights (blogs, academic papers etc.)
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to deploy your model and make available to a wider community and customer base
- Staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in NLP and Computer Vision
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society, and together we are on a mission to significantly lower the cost of modern AI systems by co-designing software, hardware, algorithms, and models. We have contributed to leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI, and our team has been behind technological advancement such as FlashAttention, Hyena, FlexGen, and RedPajama. We invite you to join a passionate group of researchers in our journey in building the next generation AI infrastructure.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance, and other benefits, as well as flexibility in terms of remote work. The US base salary range for this full-time position is: $160,000 - $220,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by location, level and role. Individual compensation will be determined by experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.