AI Researcher, Core ML
As an AI Researcher, you will be pushing the frontier of foundation model research and make them a reality in products. You will be working on developing novel architectures, system optimizations, optimization algorithms, and data-centric optimizations, that go beyond state-of-the-arts. As a team, we have been pushing on all these fronts (e.g., Hyena, FlashAttention, FlexGen, and RedPajama). You will also work closely together with the machine learning systems, NLP/CV, and engineering teams for inspiration of research problems and to jointly work on solutions to practical challenges. You will also interact with customers to help them in their journey of training, using, and improving their AI applications using open models. Your research skills will be vital in staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning, ensuring that we stay at the cutting edge of open model innovations.
- Strong background in Machine Learning
- Experience in building state-of-the-art models at large scale
- Experience in developing algorithms in areas such as optimization, model architecture, and data-centric optimizations
- Passion in contributing to the open model ecosystem and pushing the frontier of open models
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Develop novel architectures, system optimizations, optimization algorithms, and data-centric optimizations, that significantly improve over state-of-the-art
- Take advantage of the computational infrastructure of Together to create the best open models in their class
- Understand and improve the full lifecycle of building open models; release and publish your insights (blogs, academic papers etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deploy your models and make them available to a wider community and customer base
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society, and together we are on a mission to significantly lower the cost of modern AI systems by co-designing software, hardware, algorithms, and models. We have contributed to leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI, and our team has been behind technological advancement such as FlashAttention, Hyena, FlexGen, and RedPajama. We invite you to join a passionate group of researchers in our journey in building the next generation AI infrastructure.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance and other competitive benefits. The US base salary range for this full-time position is: $160,000 - $220,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by location, level and role. Individual compensation will be determined by experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.