Senior Front-End Engineer
As a senior front-end engineer, you will be responsible for developing user experiences that our customers will love. Your day to day activities will be hands-on developing software and contributing to design—working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to experiment and deliver experiences to our customers all over the world.
You will develop and iterate on written technical proposals—outlining how solutions will be structured and developed. You will proactively identify opportunities and lead the development of solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through deployment into production and evaluate whether they were successful after release. You will identify and address performance bottlenecks within the application and the broader infrastructure.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert at building web applications using React, Next.js, and TypeScript
- Experience with developer tool web applications
- Experience with designing data intensive and highly responsive web applications
- Design-oriented approach and a strong sense of aesthetics
- Penchant for achieving the right balance between craft, speed, and business priorities
- Deep understanding of usability issues in web applications
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience building web APIs with NodeJS, especially with document databases such as MongoDB
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Create beautiful web interfaces and interactive experiences in Together AI’s playground using technologies such as React, TypeScript, and CSS
- Build developer tools that allow novice to expert level users of AI systems to get the most of out of our platform and APIs
- Scope, design, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Work closely with leads, designers, product managers, and engineers to design, develop, and launch features and product experiments
- Build tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Together app
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Participate in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Ensure our UI components and libraries are reliable, secure, extensible and accessible
- Translate high level designs into production-ready UI
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across Together when developing a solution; seek and incorporate diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- As part of the Together.ai team, you will be a core member of the group that designs and delivers this platform and in the process creates equitable access to AI and computing
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society, and together we are on a mission to significantly lower the cost of modern AI systems by co-designing software, hardware, algorithms, and models. We have contributed to leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI, and our team has been behind technological advancement such as FlashAttention, Hyena, FlexGen, and RedPajama. We invite you to join a passionate group of researchers in our journey in building the next generation AI infrastructure.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance and other competitive benefits. The US base salary range for this full-time position is: $160,000 - $220,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by location, level and role. Individual compensation will be determined by experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.