Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Together, you are responsible for keeping all user-facing services and production systems running smoothly. You are a blend of a pragmatic operator and a software engineer that applies sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our operating environments and codebase.
You specialize in systems (operating systems, storage subsystems, networking), while implementing best practices for availability, reliability and scalability, with varied interests in algorithms and distributed systems.
- 5+ years of professional SRE or related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Expert knowledge of Ansible (roles, playbooks), Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Knowledgeable in Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and alerting
- Advanced knowledge of cloud services
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives and problem definition and scoping, design, and planning through epics and blueprints
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Be on an on-call (PagerDuty) rotation to respond to incidents that impact availability
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening
- Run our infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Build monitoring that alerts on symptoms rather than on outages
- Document runbooks so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation
- Improve operational processes (such as deployments and upgrades)
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure that enables scaling to a massive number of concurrent users
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Identify significant projects that result in substantial improvements in reliability, cost savings and/or revenue
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability, performance and availability perspectives with a data driven approach
- Proactively work on the efficiency and capacity planning to set clear requirements and reduce the system resources usage
- Plan the growth of Together AI’s infrastructure
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society, and together we are on a mission to significantly lower the cost of modern AI systems by co-designing software, hardware, algorithms, and models. We have contributed to leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI, and our team has been behind technological advancement such as FlashAttention, Hyena, FlexGen, and RedPajama. We invite you to join a passionate group of researchers and engineers in our journey in building the next generation AI infrastructure.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance and other competitive benefits. The US base salary range for this full-time position is: $160,000 - $220,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by location, level and role. Individual compensation will be determined by experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.