Systems Research Engineer, Machine Learning Systems
San Francisco Bay Area (Hybrid)
As a Systems Research Engineer specialized in Machine Learning Systems, you will play a crucial role in researching and building the next generation AI platform at Together. Working closely with the modeling, algorithm, and engineering teams, you will design large-scale distributed training systems and a low-latency/high-throughput inference engine that serves a diverse, rapidly growing user base. Your research skills will be vital in staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning systems, ensuring that our AI infrastructure remains at the forefront of innovation.
- Strong background in machine learning systems, such as distributed learning and efficient inference for large language models and diffusion models
- Knowledge of ML/AI applications and models, especially foundation models such as large language models and diffusion models, how they are constructed and how they are used
- Knowledge of system performance profiling and optimization tools for ML systems
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Optimize and fine-tune existing training and inference platform to achieve better performance and scalability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate cutting edge research ideas into existing software systems
- Develop your own ideas of optimizing the training and inference platforms and push the frontier of machine learning systems research
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning systems techniques and apply many of them to the Together platform
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society, and together we are on a mission to significantly lower the cost of modern AI systems by co-designing software, hardware, algorithms, and models. We have contributed to leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI, and our team has been behind technological advancement such as FlashAttention, Hyena, FlexGen, and RedPajama. We invite you to join a passionate group of researchers in our journey in building the next generation AI infrastructure.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance, and other benefits, as well as flexibility in terms of remote work. The US base salary range for this full-time position is: $160,000 - $220,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by location, level and role. Individual compensation will be determined by experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.