Senior Engineer - .NET
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2022
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be one of the founding US members of the backend development team that will take our new sportsbook product to market!
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product infrastructure and how we deploy our software
- Troubleshoot and improve our current backend applications and processes
- Collaborate with the team and product manager from start to finish, openly communicating issues, asking clarifying questions, raising concerns when needed
- Eventually design and develop clean, well-structured, and maintainable code to build new backend features for our sportsbook product
- Advocate for best practices to create strong foundational development practices for our growing team
- Be open to feedback and collaboration with other developers to accomplish tasks at hand
Who you are:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Passionate about software development, with fluency in C# and familiarity with .NET Core
- Experience building highly scalable, available distributed systems to handle high traffic conditions with low latency
- Interest in leveraging cutting edge technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, and an excitement for designing and building new infrastructure features
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills with both engineers and product
Even better if you have...
- Proficiency working in GCP or other cloud infrastructures like AWS or Azure
- Understanding of CI/CD, unit testing, integration testing
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with REST services
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 and $210,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Support for learning and development
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!