Director of UX Research
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the first-ever Director of UX Research, you will have the opportunity to build the foundation for research at Underdog, establish processes, and assemble a world class team of UX Researchers. You’ll work closely with our product and product design teams to turn findings into actionable design solutions, and utilize design-thinking, product strategy and brand to create exceptional experiences and features across the Fantasy and Sportsbook products.
This is a growth opportunity for the right person to establish how we define the function of “product research” at Underdog. This role will report to the VP of Design.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Bring a new level of thoughtful leadership to the team while researching and validating our product and player journeys across our Fantasy and Sportsbook products
- Manage and grow a healthy team of UX Researchers to create the best user experience possible
- Lead strategic research initiatives to identify future optimizations and enhancements, and advocate research findings into workable solutions
- Define processes through close collaboration with product and design partners
- Collaborate and contribute to a world-class design team through knowledge shares, critiques and workshops to deeply understand issues related to our players’ experience while encouraging and empowering them to conduct research as well
- Build empathy for our players across the company
- Ensure #SportsAreForEveryone
Who you are:
- Experienced with scaling teams and organizational growth
- A solid foundation of end-to-end product design research for native mobile and web applications
- High frequency problem solver and strategic thinker with a proven ability to be action-oriented and drive projects to execution
- Able to prioritize a research roadmap and create a decision framework to decide what we should be working on
- Comfortable providing feedback and recommendations on product solutions, roadmaps, and processes
- A humble, motivated individual constantly geared to ship the most ideal solution and experience for the end user and their goals
- Experienced in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with Figma and project management tools
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $180,000 and $230,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!
Something looks off?