HR Systems & Operations Manager
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As an HR Systems & Operations Manager, you will help build and maintain a seamless and scalable employee experience across the entire organization as we go through hyper growth!
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Collaboratively lead in the delivery of efficient, scalable, and simple HR processes that just make sense
- Own HR systems, policies, programs, and benefits with a customer service oriented posture towards delivering the best experience for Underdog employees
- Strive to create airtight documentation and a working environment where employees feel they have easy access to the resources and support they need
- Use your experience and expertise, ensure Underdog remains protected and compliant across 30+ states in a virtual-first work environment
- Seek to continuously improve the overall employee lifecycle, including onboarding and offboarding
- Drive total rewards and incentives programs
- Engage with the right stakeholders to identify gaps in our processes and drive special projects related to engagement, DEI, company events, total rewards, and more
Who you are:
- 8+ years in a Human Resources or People Operations role, focusing on hands on work with day to day HR operations, compliance, benefits, HR policies, onboarding/offboarding, and other HR processes
- Highly motivated and organized with a positive attitude and a knack for customer service
- Action oriented with a proven ability to follow through and push projects to completion
- Skilled in ADP Workforce Now and multi-state benefits administration
- A true team player, problem solver, and critical thinker with high emotional intelligence and attention to detail
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity, embrace change, and exercise sound judgment and discretion when navigating complex situations
Even better if you have…
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth tech company (preferably 500+ employees)
- Experience with DEI initiatives
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $120,000 and $150,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!
Something looks off?