IT Support Specialist
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will be joining Underdog’s growing IT team, reporting to the IT Support Supervisor, working to help support and grow our technical infrastructure and solutions. This is a growth opportunity for the right person to be part of how IT is defined at our company.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Provide amazing day-to-day hardware and software support for our local and remote staff
- Deploy laptops as part of onboarding of new employees, maintaining hardware and software inventory
- Assist with new hire orientations, covering policies, best practices and services used at Underdog
- Participate in IT projects and roll-outs
- Be a key player in determining system needs within the organization
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience providing technical support in Mac and Windows environments
- Strong knowledge of Okta, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Google Workspace, and Slack
- Understanding of network concepts
- Someone with a strong, positive attitude, a knack for customer service, and a love for helping people - “Service with a smile”
- A problem solver, with a fascination for the way things work and a yearning for learning
- Desire to work in a high energy, high growth startup environment
- Can work independently, complete assigned tasks in a timely manager, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format
Even better if you have…
- Experience with start-ups, Freshservice, and Project Management
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $60,000 and $80,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!