Senior Manager of TV/OTT Media Buying
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
The Marketing team is growing and Underdog seeks a knowledgeable media buyer to bring experience from previous media companies to plan, execute and run Underdog TV/OTT campaigns. A successful candidate will have TV/OTT media buying experience, a quantitative background, be comfortable working with senior leadership, and be eager to learn and take on new responsibilities.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Independently lead the planning and execution of media buys for TV and OTT/CTV
- Purchase all types of TV inventory: local/national, broadcast, cable, OTT, etc.
- Present media plans and results to executive stakeholders
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop media creative briefs
- Be able to negotiate pricing to benefit Underdog
- Review every single media purchase through a data & analytics lens
- Set-up, launch and manage Digital media, CTV/OTT, OTT campaigns
- Oversee optimizations for all campaigns using internal metrics and/or third-party programmatic platforms
- Monitor stations for competitive activities, economic and demographic changes, etc. Seek out unique opportunities e.g. sales, packages, etc.
- Participate, actively engage, and be the expert voice on TV and OTT
- Assist in the management of Radio / SiriusXM Spend
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of experience with TV media-buying at all levels: local/national, remnant/upfront, cable/broadcast. Experience with both TV and OTT media
- Existing relationships with media companies
- Proactive: continuously seeks new opportunities
- Strong understanding of tagging and tracking using CDPs and MMPs (Appsflyer)
- Understanding of marketing and sales funnel KPIs
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations, plus an eye for design / creative
- High attention to detail. Strong communicator, verbally and orally
Even better if you have…
- Experience working in real-money gaming
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $90,000 and $140,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!
Something looks off?