Total Rewards Lead
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As our Total Rewards Lead, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and leading an industry leading total rewards strategy for Underdog’s rapidly growing business. Your primary objective will be to design and deliver a comprehensive and competitive rewards package that attracts, motivates, and retains top talent, while aligning with Underdog’s strategic goals. You will oversee compensation, benefits, recognition, and wellness programs, ensuring they are effective, compliant, and support a positive employee experience and culture.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze market trends, industry benchmarks, and best practices to ensure our rewards programs remain competitive and attractive to current and potential employees
- Design and lead the compensation structure, including salary ranges, job evaluations, and pay equity analysis
- Develop and implement incentive plans, variable compensation programs, and recognition initiatives to drive employee engagement and performance
- Work with benefits vendors, as needed, to design and deliver market-leading benefits programs, manage the annual benefits renewal process, and evaluate the effectiveness of programs
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure all total rewards programs comply with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies
- Own comprehensive and effective communication strategies and trainings for compensation and benefits for future and current employees; act as a subject matter expert
- Establish and prepare regular reporting mechanisms for senior leadership, highlighting key metrics, program effectiveness, and recommendations for enhancements
- Work cross-functionally with HR and leadership teams to develop and implement performance management processes and tools that align with business objectives
- Oversee the implementation and administration of Underdog’s employee benefits programs, including health, dental, and vision insurance, (401k) retirement plans, wellness initiatives, and other voluntary benefits
Who you are:
- Proven experience (5+ years) in total rewards management, compensation and benefits administration, or a related role
- Strong understanding of innovative compensation design principles and practices, including experience with equity-based compensation, compensation banding, job leveling, and market analysis
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations governing compensation and benefits
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, conduct market research, and make informed recommendation
- Strong ability to take initiative and drive projects forward with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a focus on finding solutions to achieve desired outcomes efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Continuous improvement mindset, always seeking ways to optimize processes and enhance delivery efficiency
Even better if you have…
- Experience at a fast paced, high growth tech company (preferably 500+ employees)
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $110,000 and $140,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!
Something looks off?