Customer Support Associate (Part-time)
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a member of the support team, you will be the first point of contact for our users and will serve as an extension of their voices to ensure they feel heard and understood. Underdog’s aim is to set a new industry standard for what customer support and customer interaction should be like and through your direct, transparent, and friendly support we will strive to build a community that is not only loyal to the brand but proud to be a part of Underdog’s journey.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Approach user inquiries with a cool, open-minded approach and make sure that their concerns are being fully heard
- Gather information from users in order to efficiently reach solutions by cross-collaborating with teams from several different departments
- Create a lasting impression on every user through transparent, open, and honest communication
- Assist with account & payment reviews in order to ensure users are appropriately using Underdog as it was intended to be used
- Show up everyday with a positive attitude and excited to help the team collectively reach its goals
- Deliver exceptional customer support via email, addressing inquiries related to account management and financial transactions
- Expertly resolve Pick'em and Draft-related inquiries with precision and efficiency
- Offer comprehensive technical assistance to both Web and Mobile app users
- Assist in facilitating a smooth and seamless onboarding experience for users, ensuring their successful adoption of the app
Who you are:
- Flexible weekday & weekend availability, for a productive 25 hour work week
- An optimistic and proactive individual, dedicated to finding solutions
- A versatile team player, adept at navigating diverse situations with ease
- A clear and concise communicator, with an emphasis on writing skills
- A receptive individual who embraces new perspectives and approaches
- An insatiably curious learner, driven to acquire new knowledge daily
- A customer service expert, delivering exceptional support by showcasing deep product expertise
- Proficient multitasker, committed to delivering high-quality work across various tasks
Even better if you have…
- Experience with Zendesk (or other ticketing processor systems)
- Fantasy Sports and/or Sports Betting knowledge
- 1-2 years of customer support or related experience
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $18 and $25 an hour.