Senior or Staff Product Analyst
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
We are looking for intellectually curious, innovative and driven individuals to be the part of our Data Science - Product Analytics team. As a Senior Product Analyst at Underdog, you’ll be guiding the next-gen AI powered gaming platform that will lead the sports gaming industry. You will be part of a team whose focus is to solve cutting edge data science problems in product.
The ideal candidate will have a strong product sense and background in analytics and statistics. In this role, you will have a chance to shape strategy for critical product areas through data and will guide product development with relevant insights based on analysis. You will be the subject matter expert on metrics and success measurement, experiment design, and visual storytelling via data. You are focused on impact, and have the skills to understand customers and promote growth.
You should demonstrate curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic.
Your role will be to take ownership of generating insights and recommendations to shape our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy. You will partner closely with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, UX Research, and Operations to define, prioritize and execute initiatives that drive business growth.
You will develop analytical frameworks, observational analyses, models, features or metrics that leverage the massive scale of Underdog’s user base to understand user behavior, and to optimize the experience at all stages of the user journey.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Create edge-of-the-seat product and customer insights that enable Product Directors/Managers to define strategy and prioritize roadmaps
- Influence decision makers in cross-functional teams by (re)defining key metrics of success, building data-driven narratives on growth opportunities, and sizing outcomes
- Partner with Product, Technology, Design, and other teams to ideate, test, and launch product features; own deep-dive analysis of post-launch impact and recommendations to optimize product experience
- Maintain a constant pulse on health of the business & product by tracking KPIs against targets and conducting investigations of key trends and their underlying drivers
- Design and execute experiments/AB tests, analyze/interpret results to impact product performance
- Implement analytical solutions to support key product objectives
- Develop and implement data visualizations and interactive dashboards to facilitate communication and insights generation to stakeholders
Who you are:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related academic/work experience
- 3 + years of experience in analytics, product strategy, management consulting, business intelligence, with experience analyzing large datasets and developing statistical solutions
- Experience influencing decision makers across cross-functional teams using insights generated through quantitative and qualitative data and analyses
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable insights across all levels of stakeholders (business, technical, and executives)
- Extensive experience with large-scale datasets using SQL and programming languages such as Python or R
- Proven experience developing and implementing data visualizations and dashboards to communicate insights to stakeholders (Tableau/Looker etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Ability to work autonomously and lead initiatives across multiple product areas
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders
Even better if you have…
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms and data warehousing solutions (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, GCP)
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in product analytics and data science
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $140,000 and $190,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!