Senior Engineer - Web
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior Web Developer on the Player Experience team you will have an impactful role in building the pillars of player experience to make our app scalable and flexible. Your expertise in web technologies, creative problem-solving skills, and leadership abilities will contribute to delivering high-quality, user-centric solutions that create an engaging experience for users.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Write, review and maintain code primarily in React and Typescript
- Write clean, efficient, testable code for a production environment
- Manage switching between contexts and codebases
- Create optimal solutions for a dynamic and rapidly changing Frontend
- Utilize and build reusable components for use across apps
- Advocate for best practices to create strong foundational development practices for our growing team
- Be open to feedback and collaboration with other developers to accomplish tasks at hand
Who you are:
- 2+ years building large, high traffic web applications
- 2+ years with webpack or similar build tools
- 2+ years working with app wide state management like MobX, Redux, and ContextAPI
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills with both engineers, product, and design
Even better if you have…
- Experience working with large component sharing codebases
- Basic knowledge of most major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) and how they are played
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 and $210,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!