Director of User Acquisition
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the Director of Paid Social, you’ll oversee and lead all aspects of Underdog’s paid social media campaigns and strategies. You'll be responsible for developing, executing, and improving our paid social strategies to achieve business goals, strengthen our brand, and get the best return on investment. Your role demands a deep understanding of social platforms, strong analytical abilities, strategic thinking, and effective leadership.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a cutting-edge paid social strategy aligned with the company's overarching marketing and business objectives
- Conceptualize, execute, and optimize paid social campaigns across multiple platforms, ensuring the highest standards of creativity, targeting, and performance
- Foster an environment of constant innovation and experimentation by championing A/B testing, exploring new ad formats, and piloting novel engagement techniques
- Provide strategic guidance to enhance audience targeting, segmentation, and retargeting strategies to reach the right demographics
- Spearhead the allocation and optimization of budgets for paid social campaigns, exercising fiscal prudence while maximizing return on investment
- Continuously monitor campaign performance, scrutinize budget utilization, and adjust allocations in alignment with performance metrics and strategic imperatives
- Employ advanced analytical tools to measure key performance indicators, track campaign effectiveness, and refine tactics for superior results
- Lead a high-performing team responsible for campaign ideation, execution, optimization, and performance analysis
- Collaborate with external partners, such as creative agencies, media buying agencies, and platform representatives
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes that impact the paid social landscape
- Experiment with new ad formats, targeting options, and features offered by social media platforms
Who you are:
- Proven experience (7+ years) in developing and executing successful paid social media campaigns
- Profound knowledge of social media platforms, advertising technologies, and emerging trends in the paid social landscape
- Strong leadership acumen, with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of engaging with internal teams, external partners, and executive stakeholders
- Strategic mindset with the ability to synthesize complex information and drive initiatives aligned with overarching business goals
- Technical understanding of mobile measurement and SKAN
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, draw actionable insights, and drive data-informed decisions
- Demonstrated negotiation abilities for advertising placements and contracts
- A robust portfolio of successful paid social campaigns demonstrating strategic thinking and tangible business impact
Even better if you have…
- Experience leading App install paid social strategy in the gaming space
- Led creative testing for ads on Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook
- Run campaigns that include both brand and performance spend
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $140,000 and $170,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!