Senior UX Researcher
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior UX Researcher you will be responsible for researching and evaluating our customer experience for either our Fantasy or Sportsbook products. You’ll use a broad range of research methodologies to fuel product innovations and work closely with cross-functional partners to turn your findings into actionable design solutions.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage a broad range of research methodologies (in-depth interviews, usability studies, surveys, diary studies, participatory design, and journey mapping) to build engaging experiences for our customers
- Work closely with distributed cross-functional partners to deeply understand our customers’ experience and advocate research findings into product solutions
- Champion research best practices and define processes at each stage of the product development cycle
- Build empathy for our customers across the company
- Collaborate and contribute to a world-class design team through knowledge shares, critiques, and workshops
- Ensure #SportsAreForEveryone
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in end-to-end user experience research for native mobile and web applications
- Passionate self-starter with a track record of acting quickly on research initiatives, skillfully balancing speed with precision
- Compelling story-teller who leverages multiple sources to build a holistic view of our customers and uses creative approaches to increase customer empathy and inspire action (workshops, videos, infographics)
- Curious researcher who seeks to build an innovative research practice, with experience in up-leveling other researchers and supporting cross-functional peers conducting their own research
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and articulate the needs, behaviors, and motivations of our customers
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $145,000 and $180,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!