Director of Creative
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and **supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As our Director of Creative, you will be responsible for leading a world-class team of graphic designers, video editors, and copywriters. You'll establish processes and team up with various marketing, content, and product design stakeholders to push the Underdog brand to the next level using design-thinking, branding, and marketing concepts. In addition, you will enable and inspire your team to execute company objectives and reach their personal career goals.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Bring a new level of thoughtful leadership to the team while upholding the Underdog brand
- Lead creative solutions and establish a new creative design process to prioritize company objectives
- Manage and grow a healthy team of graphic designers, video editors, and copywriters
- Set goals, roadmaps, and deadlines for the team to ensure they’re delivering timely and effectively
- Push projects forward and work closely with marketing, content, and product design partners to understand their teams’ needs
- Ensure #SportsAreForEveryone
Who you are:
- Experienced Creative with a background in visual design, video editing, branding, TV and social marketing, or copywriting
- Prior experience delivering on broad projects, such as a redesign or large all-encompassing campaigns
- Prior experience as a Leader managing, developing, and pushing projects for a well-rounded team
- An eye for design and a solid foundation of good branding principles
- A humbled, motivated individual constantly geared to ship the most ideal solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and influence stakeholders at various levels
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $125,000 and $150,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!