Director of Product Analytics
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
We are seeking an intellectually curious, driven, and hands-on individual to join our Data Science - Product Analytics team as a Product Analytics Manager. In this role, you will have the opportunity to guide the next-generation AI-powered gaming platform that will lead the sports gaming industry. You will be responsible for shaping the strategy for critical product areas through data and providing relevant insights based on analysis. As the subject matter expert on product analytics, metrics and success measurement, you will play a key role in guiding product development and driving business growth.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Product Analytics team to generate insights and recommendations that drive our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
- Influence decision makers in cross-functional teams by redefining key metrics of success, building data-driven narratives on growth opportunities, and sizing outcomes.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Design, and other teams to prioritize and execute product initiatives for business growth. Conduct deep-dive analysis of post-launch impact and provide recommendations to optimize the product experience.
- Monitor the health of the business and product by tracking KPIs against targets and conducting investigations of key trends and their underlying drivers.
- Guide the team’s design and execution of experiments and A/B tests, including analyzing and interpreting results, and providing actionable insights for product performance improvements.
- Guide the team to implement analytical solutions to support key product objectives.
- Lead the team to develop and implement data visualizations and interactive dashboards to facilitate communication and generate insights for stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or a similarly quantitative field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing a team for product analysts or business intelligence for product teams, with a focus on analyzing large datasets and developing statistical solutions for the product team.
- Proven experience influencing decision makers across cross-functional teams using insights generated through quantitative and qualitative data and analyses.
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable insights for stakeholders at all levels, including business, technical, and executives.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale datasets using SQL and programming languages such as Python or R.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and find solutions to complex problems.
- Experience developing and implementing data visualizations and dashboards using tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously and lead initiatives across multiple product areas.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders.
Even better if you have…
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms and data warehousing solutions such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation methodologies and softwares such as Amplitude Experiment, Optimizely, or Split.
- In-depth understanding of the latest trends and developments in product analytics and data science.
If you're passionate about leveraging data to drive strategic product decisions and thrive in a dynamic and innovative environment, we encourage you to apply for the role of Product Analytics Manager at Underdog. Join us in shaping the future of sports gaming through data-driven insights and strategic leadership.
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $155,000 and $200,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!