Senior Engineer - iOS (Fantasy)
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you’ll be a member of our small team to help build out the next generation of Underdog’s mobile applications and keep us the #1 app in the industry!
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to moderately complex features and updates
- Write efficient, maintainable, well structured Swift code
- Lead collaboration across teams on new features and technical solutions
- Drive process and technology improvements on your team
- Stay abreast of industry trends & quirks
- Be engaged, excited, and enthusiastic about the team and product
Who you are:
- A passionate iOS engineer committed to fostering excellent engineering practices & processes
- A strong communicator able to seamlessly collaborate with several different teams
- A person who can recall & apply proven testing principles
- A leader and a mentor at the team level
- Experience using GitHub, Xcode and Firebase
- Have 4+ years of experience building IOS applications using Swift
Even better if you have…
- Experience creating tests to accompany code
- Experience leading a team or project
- Basic knowledge of most major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) and how they are played
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 and $210,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Support for learning and development
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!