Senior Video Designer
Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- As a Senior Video Designer at Underdog, you will drive how the brand moves with the sports industry and responds to season scripts
- Establish new techniques and styles for Underdog, contributing to the overall enhancement of the Video Design Team's current and future systems and capabilities
- Lead high-level design campaigns in collaboration with marketing and content teams, overseeing look development end-to-end, broadcast design, product integration, and platform-specific social-media design
- Set and maintain a high personal standard, ensuring consistency and reliability as a valuable partner to the design team and all Underdog employees
- Raising the bottom-line by creating engaging designs and continue to embody the Underdog Mentality
- Innovate current design systems, taking ownership of Variable Spend and Content Branding activations, particularly for events and content network initiatives
- Engage in high-level communication with stakeholders, providing clarity on the design role and intention; Ability to provide researched documentation for working with non-designers
- Drive the development of new brand activations and engaging content on Underdog Network
- Navigate small windows for ideation and roadmapping with larger teams, ensuring appropriate support for cross-team activations
- Address pinch points exacerbated by the seasonality of the business, ensuring effective planning to overcome roadblocks and meet narrative-driven deliverables
Who you are:
- Experienced (6-8 years) working with an emphasis in motion design and/or animation; post-production environment is welcomed
- A big sports fan, any fandom! Our work moves in parallel with the professional sports industry
- Mastery of Adobe Design Programs and Figma workflows (Heavy emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder)
- High-level design proficiency and comfortability for various media platforms (social, broadcast, mobile, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in split track mastering, stems, and templating for multiple aspect-ratios
- Familiarity with marketing analytics for data-driven design decisions (utilizing creative briefs and monthly reports)
- Proficient in kinetic typography, composite work, and 2.5D/3D modeling and animation
- Ability to lead end-to-end video design campaigns, ensuring alignment with Underdog brand standards
- Strong background in video production and post-production, including problem-solving and execution at each project stage
- Cross-team collaboration, asset sharing, and expertise in DAM (Digital Asset Management) and media management
Even better if you have:
- Passion for fantasy and sports betting
- Skill in infusing personal style with marketing narratives and voices - we love a good collab!
- Proactive "designing their way out" of challenges and effectively communicating the process
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $85,000 and $110,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.