Senior Finance Analyst
Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- As our future Senior Finance Analyst you will be joining the Finance team and working on a team whose mission is to structure, analyze and communicate Underdog’s activity, growth and financials
- Your role will be to produce reliable and insightful financial data and reports in order to ensure Underdog’s financial health and growth
- Lead financial modeling, P&L management, budgeting/forecasting, and long-range planning with a focus on strategic decision-making
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams, partnering with and advising stakeholders on projects related to user value, customer acquisition, and retention
- Create and implement new processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness within the finance function
- Conduct industry analysis
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Consulting or Accounting
- Strong grasp of business and financial statements: P&L ownership, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash-flow
- Proficient in Excel and financial modeling
- Excellent organizational skills, thriving in a high-growth environment, wearing multiple hats both within and outside the finance function
- Team player willing to take on any task that is needed
- Strategic thinker and business minded
Even better if you have:
- Interest in sports
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Experience implementing finance software
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $120,000 and $155,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.