Community Manager, Discord
Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- Foster a positive and welcoming environment within the Underdog Fantasy Discord community.
- Actively engage with community members to build rapport and address inquiries.
- Organize and execute community events, contests, and other activities to encourage participation.
- Grow the Discord community
- Monitor and moderate Discord channels to ensure adherence to community guidelines.
- Enforce appropriate behavior and take action against any violations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Collaborate with the moderation team to develop and update community guidelines as needed.
- Communicate important updates, announcements, and promotions to the community in a clear and timely manner.
- Work closely with the marketing and content teams to coordinate cross-platform communication strategies.
- Gather feedback from the community and convey insights to relevant internal teams for continuous improvement.
- Possess a deep understanding of Discord features, bots, and integrations to optimize community management.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and liaise with the technical support team to resolve Discord-related problems.
- Collaborate with the marketing and content team to develop and implement strategies for growing the Discord community.
- Coordinate with influencers and content creators to enhance the visibility of the Underdog Fantasy brand on Discord.
Who you are:
- Previous experience managing a large and active Discord community.
- Passion for sports, fantasy gaming, and a solid understanding of the fantasy sports industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with moderation tools and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical proficiency in Discord features, bots, and integrations.
- Proven track record of organizing successful community events.
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $60,000 and $75,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.