Legal Operations Associate
Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- Own and maintain the legal department’s document management repository in Ironclad
- Oversee the legal department’s budget, including tracking monthly legal spend and forecasting future spend
- Coordinate with the compliance department to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist the Legal Team with calendar scheduling
- Manage administrative relationships with outside counsel and vendors
- Work with Redrock to ensure smooth communication between FSOC and UD personnel
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Coordinate and assist in the management of the company's intellectual property portfolio
- Provide administrative support to the legal team as needed
Who you are:
- BA or BS required
- 3+ years of experience in a Legal Operations role
- Interest and enthusiasm to grow into a legal or government affairs role
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward and secure the support of others as needed in a cross-functional role
- Strong understanding of Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign, Zip, Dropbox, and certain legal softwares (Ironclad, Westlaw and Quorum)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Willingness to take on tasks large and small as needed to ensure efficient use of principals’ time and attention
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priority projects simultaneously
Even better if you have:
- A background in fantasy sports or sports betting, or a demonstrated ability in sports content or sports-adjacent industries and companies.
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $65,000 and $85,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.