Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- Set and adjust betting odds for various sports events based on established guidelines and team decisions
- Monitor betting patterns and contribute to the identification of potential risks, collaborating with the team
- Support market analysis efforts by gathering data on sports events, teams, and player performances
- Collaborate with fellow traders and other departments to ensure smooth trading operations
- Assist in profiling sportsbook users and setting betting limits
- Engage in continuous learning and skill development to enhance trading capabilities
- Contribute to effective communication within the team and assist in generating regular reports
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details in risk management and trading operations
- Willingness and ability to work around the sporting calendar, including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Experience in managing risk in real-time by monitoring the bet ticker and implementing appropriate actions (suspensions, price adjustments, etc)
- Ability to set betting limits to manage liability and identify potential fraudulent behavior
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance is required
- Comfortable with manual pricing, creating/managing futures, and working with third-party feeds
Even better if you have:
- Proven experience (1+ year) working effectively in a high-speed sports betting environment
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $55,000 and $70,000, this position is considered a non-exempt, hourly role with the ability to work remotely in the U.S. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.