VP of Product Design
Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- As the VP of Product Design you’ll provide visionary leadership to the growing product design function, setting high standards for creativity, innovation, craft and user-centric design.
- Drive and own design innovation of Underdogs Sportsbook and Fantasy by exploring new approaches to elevate the visual and interactive aspects across all products
- Collaborate with leadership, including product management and engineering, to align design strategy with business goals.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive design strategy that aligns with the overall product and business strategy.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
- Hire, mentor and develop a team of skilled designers and managers.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, professional growth and creative excellence.
- Implement and refine design processes to improve efficiency and quality.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of proven experience in designing and building consumer-facing digital products at scale
- 5+ years of leading and scaling product design teams of 20+ employees
- Demonstrated history of driving impact through UX solutions to meet key company OKRs and business metrics
- Demonstrated experience and success with Figma as a design tool
- A hands-on leader with the ability to establish clear direction and delegate multiple work streams and design initiatives effectively
- A demonstrated track record of balancing the needs of the business and the customer base
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a design vision to any audience within the organization
- Ability to foster a collaborative and productive relationship across Design, Product, and Engineering departments
- Proven track record of delivering products to market and iterating on those products over time to ensure success
- Portfolio or case study samples that showcase the products you’ve delivered to market, as well as the design processes that led to their launch
Even better if you have:
- Passion for sports, fantasy, sports betting, or industry specific experience
- Experience at scaled start-ups
- Experience with design animation
- Skill in infusing personal style with marketing narratives and voices - we love a good collab!
- Proactive "designing your way out" of challenges and effectively communicating the process
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $220,000 and $320,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.