Senior Product Designer
Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it’s unique:
- As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for leading and designing the next generation of Underdog products. You'll utilize design-thinking, product strategy, and brand to create exceptional experiences and features across the Fantasy and/or Sports Betting products
- Lead current product design solutions while identifying future optimizations and enhancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional team leaders, including engineers, product managers, and company stakeholders, to develop and execute product solutions that meet business needs and customer requirements
- Create artifacts to champion product solutions at each stage of the design lifecycle: sketches, usability studies, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, documentation
- Collaborate and contribute to a world-class design team through knowledge shares, critiques and workshops
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in product design for native mobile and web-based products
- A humbled, motivated individual constantly geared to ship the most ideal solution and experience for the customer and their goals
- High frequency problem-solver who is effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from concept and effectively communicating it to stakeholders
- Presents a portfolio demonstrating process, learnings, and world-class execution on consumer-facing mobile products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in modern design tooling
Even better if you have:
- Experience in visual design and/or art direction
- Experience in fantasy sports and/or sports betting
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $170,000 and $230,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.