Chief Revenue Officer - Bay area Hybrid Role
About the Role:
We are looking for our first Chief Revenue Officer at Unit21. We’re building a set of no-code tools that enables non-technical risk and compliance teams to run complex logic without having a Computer Science education. The result of greater empowerment means that the tools that were historically controlled by engineers can now be available to the actual business user, enabling them to do their best work. We have seen great results in decreased fraud losses and lower false positives for several financial institutions.
We are looking for a metrics-oriented CRO to build out our GTM function with sharp data insights. The ideal leader should have experience leading companies through aggressive revenue growth, while being extremely data-driven. Ideal candidate must have the tenacity, creativity and boldness to transition Unit21 from a Series C company with thousands of customers around the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the revenue number of the company, which includes sales, customer engagement, partnerships, and marketing
- Own outbound culture and success of the company
- Lead, mentor, inspire and grow the GTM team
- Launch and track initiatives to improve GTM execution every quarter
- Develop, communicate, and execute Unit21’s strategy and plan for both short and long term
- Effectively lead across functional boundaries, ensuring alignment on the goals and objectives
- Represent Unit21 at relevant industry events including speaking, sponsorship, and exhibiting opportunities
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of GTM experience within industry / similar technologies and at least 3-5 years in a senior leadership position.
- Experience growing a company ARR from 20-50+ Million.
- Showcasing an ability to execute, hire and scale pipeline generation, sales, partnerships and customer success functions in a growth stage startup.
- Deep understanding of the Fintech and banking space, strong preference for Fraud Experience as well.
- Relentless entrepreneurial spirit and desire to lead with excellence
- Possess an analytical mindset that applies product insights and market data/feedback to create sophisticated GTM strategies.
- Customer Obsessed philosophy.
- Consistent history of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Strong data backed approach in leadership & interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-departmental collaboration and ability to influence across organizational boundaries.
- You have experience with Direct Sales, Customer Success and Partnership functions.
- Proven track record in leading difficult customer conversations, creating business value for customers, firing and promoting employees.
- Track record of managing budget annually with excellent performance metrics.
- Ability to aggressively prioritize the few things that have the biggest impact.
- Love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing performance and identifying actionable insights to achieve your key metrics.
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
Unlimited paid time off
Generous leave programs for life events
Annual Learning & Development stipend
One-time Home office set-up stipend
Happy hours and team-building events
Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
Fully stocked kitchen
Lunch and dinner provided in SF office at least 3x per week
A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 stops bad actors by leveraging data to deliver justice and safety in the world. We protect businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering no-code infrastructure to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. We have reported over USD $2 billion in fraud and laundered money to the US government using our software.
We are a rapidly growing Series C startup, having raised close to $100m from Google, Tiger Global, ICONIQ Capital, Jack Dorsey, Diane Greene, and other leading VCs. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new standard of eliminating bad behavior on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
*Remote work limited to the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York. North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington.*