Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
United States · Europe
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2022
WorkOS is growing rapidly and building out our team of engineers! We’re specifically looking for an experienced engineer to join our Infrastructure team, responsible for building out the foundational pieces that our product teams build on. The team is both strategic and tactical, so we’ll be looking to you to influence long-term strategy while delivering on key pieces during our high growth phase.
You’ll be joining a team of passionate engineers who obsess over developer tools and documentation. We all have profound empathy with other developers and aim to improve engineering operational excellence.
- Ability to influence long-term infra strategy while delivering infra pieces during a high growth phase
- Improve engineering operational excellence (metrics, alarms, oncall, incidents, internal tooling)
- Scope projects, document decisions, and flesh out epics and stories
- Build new SDKs and third-party integrations
- Spearhead development of tooling and instrumentation that improves our API reliability
- Debug user issues and adapt product to remove points of friction
- 5+ years of overall software eng experience with 3+ years of experience building/scaling/maintaining/debugging product infrastructure
- Deep understanding of cloud services (AWS).
- "been there done that" with running large scale services and databases in cloud services
- Intellectually curious, independently driven, and passionate about great products
- Expert-level skill in at least one programming language and familiarity with others
- Experience working on small teams in fast-paced environments
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Experience building and shipping web applications and/or API services end-to-end
- Our stack is TypeScript, React, and Postgres (bonus points if you are familiar with these, but it's not required)
- A growth mindset, high emotional intelligence, and strong communication skills
- Experience with mentorship for fellow team members
- Bonus: Experienced in B2B SaaS, developer tools, or a related industry
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
See more open positions at WorkOS
Something looks off?