Experienced Software Engineer - Frontend
United States · Europe
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
WorkOS builds tools for developers that unlock equal access to the enterprise market. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join our team to lead large-scale and nebulous projects.
We obsess over the developer experience and talk directly to the engineers at our customers to inform the products we build. We’re searching for people who share this empathetic approach to solving problems.
Successful candidates will love staying up-to-date on the latest in server rendering, data fetching, new approaches to routing, component architecture patterns, DOM and CSS updates and also feel comfortable dipping into the logic and API layer.
We’re the team that builds Radix UI and we care deeply about world-class design, accessibility, and interactivity.
- Build and document reusable component patterns that allow other engineers to ship their features with good UX
- Design and implement complex routing and data fetching systems at scale
- Articulate trade-offs of changes to complex systems and provide insight on technical decision-making across the company
- Own and organize multi-person projects, delegate work, and drive projects forward while bringing others with you
- Help set the tone and raise the bar for UI quality
- Speak with customers regularly to get feedback on new product development
- Help recruit and assess future engineering team members
- Help represent the team publicly through blog posts, public docs, public design system resources
- Help contribute to new Radix components and maintenance
- 7+ years of industry software development experience with interactive apps
- Prior EM, TLM, tech lead, or product experience that demonstrates driving toward business outcomes
- Has built, shipped, and supported a feature-rich dashboard or app
- Experience owning projects and driving work based on customer impact
- A keen sense of balancing pragmatism and quality
- Understanding common a11y patterns, ability to implement and educate others
- High level of design/UX taste
- Expert-level skill in React, CSS, TypeScript
- Familiarity with backend fundamentals and database concepts
- Experience building and shipping web applications end-to-end
- Intellectually curious, independently driven, and passionate about great products
- Bonus: Experienced in B2B SaaS, developer tools, or a related industry
Benefits (US Only) 💖
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and fully remote working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.