Engineering Manager - Infrastructure and Security
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Lancaster, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2023
WorkOS is a developer platform that helps make apps enterprise-ready. We build tools and services for developers to help them implement features like Single Sign-On, Directory Sync, Multi-Factor Auth, and Audit Logs. We're a fully-distributed team with employees across US and EU time zones. We're well-funded, having recently raised an $80M Series B. Our fast growing customer base includes thousands of rapidly growing SaaS companies like Webflow, Vercel, Brex, PlanetScale, Loom, and Drata.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Infrastructure group, which is responsible for our Core Infrastructure, Data, Observability, Security and Compliance. This comprises a broad scope, and the ideal candidate will be capable of understanding the details and being hands-on, while crafting a sound strategy and building an exceptional organization.
At WorkOS, we lead by serving our teams with empathy, knowledge, and coordination. In this role you would be focused on people and projects, and that excites you.
As Engineering Manager, we're interested in your experience growing an engineering team, managing highly technical projects and building a safe environment where engineers can focus on what they love: building.
- Own the foundational services and technology strategy that enable WorkOS to support our customers and expand our products: Core Infrastructure, Reliability, Observability, Developer Productivity, Storage, Data, Security and Compliance
- Communicate directly with customers to build confidence in our roadmap, while instilling confidence and trust
- Understand the team. You care about people and think they are the most exciting part of the job
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones and deliverables
- Work with technical leads on architectural decisions and project scope
- Support your team through one-on-ones, setting goals, and providing feedback to promote well-being, and performance
- Foster a healthy, thriving and inclusive environment
- Lead the effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse engineering talent
- Experienced: You’ve successfully led infrastructure teams in high-performing organizations before
- Project management:You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage impactful projects across functional teams. You track KPIs, milestones and hit your deliverables.
- Passion for people:You're passionate about managing, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your teams’ success. You don’t shy away from challenging performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between clear, direct feedback and career growth.
- Low ego:As a manager you understand your role isn’t to be the “smartest” engineer in the room nor is it to make big technical decisions. You aren’t focused on being right, you’re focused on what’s right for the team. You love a job where you help others do their best work and aren’t attracted to the spotlight.
- Technical experience:You’ve previously been in a highly-technical role and understand what it takes to be a great software engineer. You understand technology but you are driven by organizing people and defining just enough process for the team to succeed.
- Recruiting know-how:You love building teams and know how challenging it is. You have experience partnering with internal recruiting teams to drive effective and fair hiring processes. You realize that recruiting is a large (and important!) part of your role.
- Distributed work or management experience:You’ve been a remote employee or have managed people in remote settings before. You recognize managing a remote team comes with its own rewards and challenges, and are committed to putting frameworks in place to flourish in this setting.
Benefits (US Only) 💖
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and fully remote working arrangements.
- Competitive pay
- Substantial equity grants
- Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
- Flex vacation policy
- Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.