Sr. Backend Engineer (Golang)
Zero Longevity Science
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Zero Longevity Science is on a mission to help all people live longer, healthier lives. We’ve helped Zero members lose millions of pounds, reverse disease, and unlock youthful energy to change their lives for the better. Our purpose-driven, fully distributed team helps our members increase metabolic wellbeing through the holistic connections between nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress. Check out our job site to learn more about who we are and what we’re up to.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help continue to build a highly performant, intuitive and secure infrastructure and experience for the Zero client and our members.
You will report to the Manager Backend Engineering and will be a key collaborator on the Backend team efforts; with an emphasis in user data optimizations (storage, cache, retrieval, consistency, scale), successfully delivering product features and technical infrastructure.
You have an affinity towards measurement of features/usage, passionate about building clean, scalable code and strong user empathy.
In this role you will:
- In this role you will:
- Be a Key collaborator on the Backend team efforts; emphasis in user data optimizations (storage, cache, retrieval, consistency, scale)
- Be a high output contributor for the backend initiatives
- Deliver scalable data/systems solutions to help users interact with their health data, feeding this into AI initiatives
- Get involved with the solutions for the user's data, lead the collaboration with the backend team, helping to up-level the team
- Help grow and mentor more junior engineers and contribute to a highly collaborative and welcoming engineering culture.
- Located and authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
- Has a affinity towards measurement of features/usage
- Has strong user empathy (e.g. chooses to fix over refactoring)
- Production systems support
- 5+ years experience developing highly scalable backend services and systems using at least one of Java/Golang
- Strong software programming capabilities, exhibits good code design and coding style
- Deep understanding of data structure, analysis, data security and highly scalable systems design
- Curiosity towards new technology and outstanding ability to analyze and solve problems.
- In depth knowledge of common databases and messaging frameworks like Postgres/Redis/Firestore/GCP Pubsub etc.
- Google Cloud Platform, Go, Node.js, Java, C#, Familarity with a multitude of data stores (SQL, NoSQL, Redis)
- Has helped a team deliver products, meets deadlines, knows how to motivate and keep others accountable
Some nice-to-haves we'd be excited about:
- Passion for and experience in health, fitness, and wellness
- Contributions to open source communities and projects
- Someone who really wants to partner with frontend (and product), is solution driven
- Can see the bigger picture (and is excited for it!)
We set a national pay band, so that no matter where in the country you live, the pay is the same. The starting pay band for aSr Banckend Software Engineer role is $160,000 to $175,000 in your local currency.
Job level and salary will be determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and seniority of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. Your total compensation will also include equity and benefits.
Millions of Americans are metabolically unwell. We created Zero to help. Zero makes it simple for anyone to form healthy habits that build metabolic wellness. We’re helping millions of people commit to life-saving, longevity-boosting practices, all in service to our ultimate goal: extending the lifespan and healthspan of the human race. And we’ve only just begun
.We’re fully remote and 100% dedicated to making a difference. Our team works around the world with views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the CN Tower, the Meradalir volcano and the backyard chicken coop. Working from 5 countries and across 10 time zones, we’re committed to making virtual collaboration an excellent experience.
Just a few of our MVP benefits:
* 99% company-paid health insurance premiums for employees
* 12 weeks paid parental leave
* 8+ weeks off a year including step-away days and paid holidays
We’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If we believe you are a potential fit for a role here, we will reach out to schedule a screening call. We endeavor to create an environment where you can interview at your best. Our interview process is fully remote, conducted via Zoom calls. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know.