Senior Frontend Engineer
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
- Design and build highly reliable and resilient products and features.
- Work closely with cross functional product and customer-facing teams to understand requirements and ship thoughtful solutions.
- Write high-quality, extensible, and maintainable code.
- Design and build scalable frontend applications and components.
- Design and build APIs to drive existing and new features for a web-based application.
- 5+ years of experience in modern web app development
- BS or higher, in Computer Science or technical field
- Proficiency in React, TypeScript, browser APIs, and performance optimization
- Experience with web application and API development in production environments. At Zip, our stack includes Python, Typescript, React, and GraphQL.
- Experience with industry standard build, test, deploy tools. At Zip, we work with: Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Segment, Github Actions, Datadog, Bugsnag and Fullstory.
- Ability and interest to quickly learn new frameworks and architecture patterns as needed
- Experience working at a small company with diverse responsibilities is a bonus, but not required.
The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $210,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!